Insurance might not be the first thing you would think about when running a business, but it should be an important consideration. Business insurance offers peace of mind and the policy that you purchase needs to cater for all your business needs.
Friends Financial Advisers can help you to choose the right kind of cover for your company:
Public Liability Insurance
- Every business needs public liability insurance that is tailored to its specific risks and requirements.
- Public liability insurance is important for your business because it will pay out in the event that a mistake is made which causes an injury to a member of the public or customer, or which damages their property.
- This type of insurance would cover a business if a customer or member of the public was to suffer a loss or injury as a result of its business activities and if that person made a claim for compensation.
- The insurance would cover the compensation payment plus any legal expenses (for example, if a spill on a shop floor isn’t marked sufficiently with a warning sign, and a customer slips and becomes injured as a result, they may claim for compensation).
Employers' Liability Insurance
- If you employ staff you must take out Employers’ Liability Insurance by law. This cover is designed to protect the interests of employees in terms of illness or accident at work.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
- If you hire a professional, for example an accountant or project manager, to work for you or your business you may wish to check that they hold adequate Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- This insurance can help protect you from claims made by dissatisfied clients for example if there is a problem with your work, or you’ve made a mistake which costs your client money.
We can also offer different types of business insurance, for example: property owners liability, office content, loss of documents, loss of money, loss of rent, group personal accident etc.